10 powerful quotes on compassion
When ever and where ever we can bringing compassion into our day is always a beautiful feeling! Some days we need a little reminder to be compassionate for we all have the ability to be loving and thoughtful but many times our ego's get in the way.
Try practicing random acts - there's always an opportunity to do something fuel by compassion becuase it's the right thing to do! It's so important though, to start with the 'self' ... be compassionate to yourself!
These are some of my favorites! Which one resonates for you?
1. "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." ~ Dalai Lama
2. "The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others." ~ Albert Schweitzer
3. "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." ~ Dalai Lama
4. "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." ~ Maya Angelou
5. “Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.” ~ Buddha
6. “Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.” ~ Buddha
7. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” ~Plato
8. “Compassion is the basis of morality.” ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
9. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresatags
10. “More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” ~ Roy T. Bennett